Continued from Rainbow Nesting Baskets, Part 1…
You can print off a beautiful PDF of this pattern, complete with more specific instructions, tips & tricks, and additional border variations, for a tiny fee at my Ravelry store or Etsy shop.
About: This pattern makes six 2” tall nesting baskets ranging in diameter from 2” to 4½”. Use them for storage or gift the set as a great baby and toddler toy! The pattern calls for six colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple), but you can use any color combination you like!
Finished Size: 2” tall, ranging in diameter from 2”, 2 ½”, 3”, 3 ½”, 4”, and 4 ½”.
Gauge: 4 stitches x 5 rows = 1” x 1”
Tools: Crochet Hook (H-8/5mm) and Basic Yarn Sewing Kit
The side of the basket is not worked in spirals, but in rounds that need to be joined. You can make taller baskets by continuing to repeat Rounds 2 & 3.
- Round 1: Sc all. Sl st into the 1st stitch to close the round.
- Round 2: Ch 2 as turning chain. Skip 1. Hdc in 2nd stitch. Hdc in each stitch until you reach the start of the round. Sl st into the 1st stitch to close the round.
- Round 3: Ch 1 as turning chain. Skip 1. Sc in 2nd stitch. Sc in each stitch until you reach the start of the round. Sl st into the 1st stitch to close the round.
- Rounds 4-7: Repeat Rounds 2-3 twice.
- Finish: Cut the yarn, leaving a 6” tail. Secure yarn. Use a yarn needle to weave in loose ends.