Good Morning! I’m making this scarf as a gift for my sister-in-law who lives in Tennesse. It gets cold down there, but not too cold, so I wanted to design a lightweight scarf she could wear as a pretty accessorty or double up for the cold!
(A more detailed, ad-free version of this pattern is available here on Ravelry)
Finished Size: 8″ x 60″
Gauge: 16 stitches x 6 rows = 4″ x 4″ (In Pattern)
Difficulty Level: Easy
Tools & Materials:
Crochet Hook J-10/6.0mm
270yds/150g Worsted Weight (4) Yarn. I used one and half balls of Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection Everyday Soft Worsted Prints Yarn (3.5oz/100g/180yds per skein)(I used the colorway “Parfait”)
- Basic Crochet: Chain, Single Crochet, Double Crochet
- Special Stitch: V Stitch
- Foundation Chain: Chain 32.
- Row 1: sc all.
- Row 2: Ch 3, sk 2. In next stitch, dc 1, ch 1, dc 1. (This makes a V). [skip 2. in same space, dc 1, ch1, dc 1] x 9. Sk 1. dc 1.
- Row 3: Ch 3, skip 2. In first V opening, dc 1, ch 1, dc 1. [skip 2, in next V, dc 1, ch 1, dc 1] x 9. Sk 1, dc 1.
- Repeat Row 3 until scarf reaches desired length
- Last Row: sc all. Fasten Off.
Use a yarn needle to weave in loose ends.