Here’s the March Block! An ad-free pdf pattern for Block 3 “Front and Back Stitch” is available on Ravelry.
Block 2: “Here Comes Treble”
Difficulty Level: Easy
Finished Block Size: 8″ x 8″
Gauge: 4 stitches x 4 rows = 1″ x 1″ (single crochet, front loop only)
Skills: Chain, Slip Stitch, Single Crochet, See Basic Crochet Stitches for help.
You will need:
- Crochet Hook H-8 (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Basic Yarn Sewing kit (small scissors, soft tape measure, yarn needle, and removable stitch markers)
- Block requires about 50g/70yds Worsted Weight Yarn (See 2018 CAL Yarns)
- Sample made in HiKoo SimpliWorsted Orange
Instructions: (Make 2.)
- Foundation Chain: Leaving a 6” tail, chain 32.
- Row 1: Ch 1, sk 1. In 3rd loop from hook, sc 1. Sc 31. (32 stitches)
- Row 2: Ch 1, sk 1. In 2nd stitch, sc 1 front loop only. Sc 1 back loop only. [sc flo 1, sc blo 1] x 14. Sc 1 in turning chain of previous row. (32 stitches)
- Rows 3-32: Repeat Row 2.
- Finish: Fasten off and cut yarn, leaving a 6” tail.
(These are the abbreviated instructions. The full pattern with super detailed instructions is available on Ravelry: Block 3 “Front and Back Stitch”)